Sunday 18 February 2018

Washing Of Feet


John 13:10, "Jesus said to him, Anyone who has bathed needs only to wash his feet, but is clean all over. And you [My disciples] are clean, but not all of you." [The Amplified Bible]

The Bible says in Isaiah 52:7, that the legs of those who carry the gospel of peace are beautiful upon the mountain. Paul in Romans 10 verse 15, combines Isaiah's revelation with a question to give us even a deeper revelation. He asks, "How shall they go, unless they are sent?"
In Ephesians 6:15, Paul tells us that we should wear the gospel of peace on our feet like shoes or boots"! Therefore the gospel of peace is a covering for the feet.
Which means that if you want to see the feet, you must be able to see beyond the shoes or boots. If you want to behold the beauty of the feet, You must be ready, to take of the shoes or the boots off the bearer of the feet and the wearer of the boots, and you can only do that when washing them.

You need to UNDERSTAND, that as much as the shoes are good and protective, they are burdensome.
Yes, I have seen ladies walking in town in beautiful high-heels, you may think they are enjoying it, but when they enter the house they, kick the shoes off and say, "O! How I longed for this!"
Listen to this, However much you love your shoes, it is very uncomfortable to sleep in them!
Pastor Nesh, what are you driving at??
I am saying, it doesn't matter how much a preacher claims to love preaching, there is a time that his or her preaching, will need to be kicked off or to be taken off and reveal *the real feet* that have been hidden under the shoe.
Jesus told Peter, "A person that has already taken a bath, does not need to be cleaned all over again, except his feet".

One of the greatest needs of a preacher is to have people who tell him or her, "Don't worry about this, we will take care of it".
Even Peter, when they were closing deacons said, "We want to choose people who will be dealing with the domestic matters, while we ourselves, dedicate ourselves to the searching of the word and prayer".
I love telling yourself the truth even if it hurts, one of the best thing you can have in life is having a man of God over you who thinks of nothing else but prayer and word. Yes, he worries not about his bills they are taken care of. He worries not about his family they are taken care of. All he is left to worry about is, "What will I tell the people and interceding on their behalf".

For instance, at the moment, I am thinking of buying a Public address system, to tell you the truth, I don't intend to call a fundraising, I have done that before and I was disappointed miserably. When we were buying church chairs, I called on people to buy at least one seat. I expected that out of the thousand I preached to, at least I would get a hundred to buy a hundred seats. But only three people came through... and one organization. In total we only bought about ten seats. But thank God! One person from UK came and removed my boots and beheld my beautiful feet and washed them with over seventy seats!!!
So, I said, I won't call people again to fundraise for God, hahahaha. People don't like helping God, and surely, a God worth His salt should be able to foot His bills.
But who does He use?

He uses people who are ready to bend their knees before a man of God, take of his shoes and tell him, "Relax, I got this. I will wash your feet and give them a massage".
A friend of mine was doing a beauty course recently, and she called me to do her practiced with my feet. To wash them, take care of them, remove the dead skin, trim the Nails... wow! I didn't know feet needed so much attention until that day! And I didn't know how relaxing it would feel, I almost slept on my chair in relaxation!
And I said, "No wonder Jesus washed His disciples' feet! He wanted them to relax!"
The priests in the Old Testament didn't have lands allocated to them, their work was to just seek the LORD and dig into the scripture. In other words, it was the work of the rest of Israel to was their feet.

Sincerely speaking, I receive a lot of prayer requests. You can imagine it because I speak daily to over five thousand people on WhatsApp alone, not to mention facebook, twitter and instagram. But I will be a liar if I tell you that I pray for all of them. Why Nesh? Isn't that your work?
Yes, it is but I have bills to settle! I do design works, I record music, I shoot videos, I write books, etc, to make sure my bills are settled... and to make sure that I am not a burden to anybody.

Once in a while though, you need to behold the feet of your man of God.
When the Bible says, "How beautiful are the feet... " it means to raise your curiosity. To make you ask yourself, "Really?" And set yourself to prove it right or wrong. As young men, we always discuss girls, yes we do. And whenever you are told, "O! How beautiful so and so is!" or "O! how beautiful so and so has become!" The next thing in our minds is to set up a meeting and prove it for ourselves.

A woman heard of how beautiful the feet of Jesus were. She took her most expensive perfume and went to see them! She washed them with her tears and anointed His head and feet with the perfume. To the dismay of Judas Iscariot!
Yes, there will always be some Judas that thinks you are over-washing the feet of the servant of God. But beauty is in the eyes of the beholder!
It is only he that washes the feet of the men of God, that knows the beauty of them thereof. The others who only see the shoes, will only be left to say either how good the shoe was, or how worn out it is. But there are some will tell you, "I wish you saw the feet under that worn shoe!"

And those who only see the shoes will ask you, "How come you got close enough to see his feet upclose?" Yes, when you wash someone's feet, it means that your closeness to him or her is not just a casual one. People will start thinking that *there is more than meets the eye*. Even spouses nowadays rarely wash each others feet, "who are you to Pastor Nesh, for you to know how beautiful his feet are?" they will ask.
The lady that did my feet recently, told me that they were so beautiful she would want me to allow her to work on them on her final exam project! I am not bragging, I just want to prove to you that, you must be upclose to know some things. Now, if she says, "Nesh has beautiful feet", the next question will be, "What were the two of you doing together, for you to know that?"

This is what we need to do, this is how we need to be. Yes, if you have not been asked to answer a controversial question about your man of God, (or your brother or sister, I talk more about men of God because, we said beautiful are the feet of those who bring the gospel) then you are still may be just seeing their shoes.
Many people followed Jesus because "of the shoes He was wearing". Then one day He removed the shoes! If a person has been walking a lot, if they remove their shoe, it will take a great heart to still stay around. When Jesus "removed His shoes", only a few were left. And Jesus asked them, "Are you also not going to leave?" And Peter asked Him, "Where shall we go, yet it is you that has the bread of life?"
I feel like removing my shoes right now!
Oh! I already have done it a few times before, and people fled! But thank God, a few beheld their beauty!!
May God help us.
Shalom and keep the faith.

Please freely comment below and share your opinion. Remember to share if this message blesses you.

No comments:

Post a Comment