Tuesday 20 February 2018

The Power Of Believing In Christ


Romans 14:23, "And he that doubteth is damned if  he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for  whatsoever is not of faith is sin." (KJV)

This is one of the most empowering verses of the Bible that I have ever read. It is one of the most liberating statements that Paul made while revealing who Christ really was to the world.
One thing it does is that it makes SIN a very personal matter. In that, you will do one thing and it will be counted as sin for you and another will do the same thing and it will be counted as unrighteousness for them.

The righteousness or sinfulness of an act or a matter is based of whether you do it within the boundaries of your faith or without. Anything you do without faith, is sin.
If I want my preaching to be an act of righteousness, all I have to do is be convinced beyond a shadow of doubt, that what I am preaching is from God and not from the flesh. I must believe that this is what God wants spoken to His people today.
For example, today is "Valentine's day" right.  And the religious people are busy reminding us where it came from, who started it, what was done then, and how unchristian it was.
A wise man once told me that the devil has a certain tendency to always dwell in the past and always want to drag you back to the past.
I don't disagree with the studies being sent all over social media, about how heathen Valentine is, but I care more about what I believe now, more than I care about what those people who started it believed then.

Through my faith, I can celebrate the person I love, buy them the same flowers that another was bought, treat them out like everybody else is being taken out, but the difference between us, what will determine who between us sinned and who didn't, will be based on our believe system!" I will do it not because it was done then, not because of any other reason, but because I believe I need to celebrate the people I love. I am not doing it to honor Valentine, I am doing it to honor God, who is love and who gives us loved ones and people to love us!
Another will do it, and it will be counted as sin for them. Why? Because they did not mix what they heard with faith.
The Bible says that the reason why the children of Israel did not reach Canaan, was because they did not mix what they heard with faith.

You can change every situation you meet for your good, if you mix it with faith.
Some tell me I should not celebrate Christmas because it was originally a heathen carnival and we really don't know when Jesus was born. When a person tells me so, I see a person who is not mixing what they heard with faith.
Should a lady wear trouser? What exactly is men-clothing that ladies should not wear? Or ladies clothing that men should not wear? What I say is that, one will wear a trouser and it shall be counted as righteousness for them, another will wear the same trouser, same material and same size, and it will be counted as sin for them. Because they did not mix what they heard with faith.

And I am not talking about people that die to righteousness; there is a difference. There is a big difference between a person who is insensitive to godliness or who has grown insensitive to godliness, and a person who has been set free by the power of believing in Christ.
The first do something that judges them, until, their conscience is suppressed to a point of judging them no more. The latter, do something under the conviction that their justification through Christ overrides every other voice that may speak or have spoken.
Now, this is the power I am talking about. This is the power that overrules any other rulership, and dethroned every other king, and silences every other voice. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds (2 Correct 10:4).

Strongholds are convictions that set limits, and create a ceiling. They are thoughts that have been memorized over and over again, until they have become a way of life. If its wall has to be pulled down and its roof ripped off, then you will have to do more than just confessing. Even salvation is by believing in your heart and confessing with your mouth. Some people believe, but they fear confessing, others confess but they don't believe. Both of these cannot experience the supernatural move of God, it is only experienced by those who believe it and confess it! Hallelujah.

So, if you believe that by celebrating Christmas, you are celebrating the birth of a certain god that was, and you go ahead and celebrate it, and all the while your heart is judging you, *thou sinneth*. But if you believe you are celebrating the day God the Father incarnated Himself into the body of a human being and lived amongst men, may your conviction override any other voice in Jesus' mighty Name, for you, there is therefore now, no condemnation, for you are in Christ Jesus and you walk in the Spirit and not in the flesh.
If you go to church on a Sunday and your heart continually tells you you are doing wrong and you should be going an a Monday or a Wednesday, yet you continue to do it, *thou sinneth!* But if you are convinced that Christ is the LORD of Sabbath, hence any day can be your Sabbath, then there is therefore now no condemnation for you. I here people telling me, my boss does not give me Sundays off, so I don't go to church. I tell them Christ is the LORD of Sabbath, you are in Him and Him in you, you can make any day your Sabbath. Do not let the devil restrict you to just one day of the week! We do not worship because it is a Sunday or a Friday, we worship because God deserves worship!

RELIGION SETS THE RULES, BUT JESUS SETS FREE! Those who are in Middle East, amongst the Muslims, worship God on a Friday, in accordance to the laws of the land they are in. Now, will God refuse their worship because they are off the days set by religion? I say "NO!" God shall consider the heart, not the act. If the heart is His, then everything is His. But if the heart is divided, then nothing is His. "A double minded man" the Bible says, "is unstable IN ALL HIS WAYS". The power of believing in Christ is IN SINGLE MINDEDNESS and is nullified by double mindedness.
Shalom and keep the faith.


Please freely comment below and share your opinion. Remember to share if this message blesses you.

No comments:

Post a Comment