Monday 5 February 2018

Qualified For A Lifting


James 4:10, "Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up." (KJV)

Everybody in the world is looking for a lifting, it is an inbuilt need in every human being to desire an uplift. But the things is that many people do not qualify for an uplift, because they think they come with an attitude of I DESERVE IT.
I have an opportunity of listening to people who say they gave to God and God did not give them back. And after listening to them all I hear is, "I deserved to be treated better".
I read from facebook of a person who was complaining how they served God, but believed that God was unfair to them. Some people serve God, but they view Him as a cruel boss, who makes you work too much and pays you peanuts and all this boils down to going before God with a mindset that tests what God has done, against what you think you have done for Him.

This lady served God, waited on God for a spouse, she got married to a man that loves her to the moon and back, tried to get pregnant and miscarried a few times, was told to wait a bit before trying again, in the meantime her husband was diagnosed with a terminal sickness that claimed his life eventually. She believes God was not fair, she believes she prayed and fasted, but according to her words, "God DECIDED not to hear her".
In this kingdom, the only way up, is the way down; If you want to increase, you must decrease. Jesus said, "whoever wants to be the greatest amongst you, must be the least amongst you. I can tell you the greatest of a man in the kingdom, just by looking at his attitude towards service.

I had a brother friend who believed he was so anointed and deserved to be treated with respect even by people who did not know him. Yes, he talked how he wanted to who he wanted because he was anointed and deserved better. Another sister in college started a war against men, telling women they were anointed enough to deserve better and they should treat men in a way to demand respect. By the time she was finishing her course, she was running after young boys (college freshers) telling them, "God told me in a vision that you are mine".

Every moment you start comparing what you do for God against what you think He should do for you, you are setting yourself up for a disappointment and a disappointing life.
I am not saying that you should not have faith, no! There is a difference between FAITH and PRIDE. PRIDE believes it deserves better, FAITH believes it better deserve.
In other words, pride demands payment, faith on the other hand says, "how I wish I deserve this"... but because I don't deserve I can only lean on faith.
Let me show you one instance of pride that people do not see. When you hear a person say, "according to how I have given this year, God must come through for me". Or when something good happens in their life, they want to tag it as a payment for their good service.

By so doing, the people who hear their testimonies, enter into a frenzy wanting to do what they heard they did so thatctgey can expect the same result. And they come back frustrated, because God does not work that way.
In God's mode of operation, it is the humble that qualify for an uplifting. Whenever a person asks me, "Why did this happen to me yet I did this and this for God?" I usually tell them a jargon that is usually said in Nairobi's market place, "Haukufika bei (You did not meet the price)".
If you think that what you do for God is enough to buy you riches, promotion, good health, longer days on earth, a good spouse, great children, a car, a house, a good life, etc... think twice because even the richest man in the world, "hafiki bei (doesn't meet the price).
I was listening to an interview of one of the richest men in Kenya, and when he was asked of his greatest achievement in life, he said, HUMILITY, he said, "What I am more grateful for, more than anything else in life, that I have achieved in all my years is that I have learnt to be humble".

Then I sighed and said, "No wonder this guy is amongst the richest guys in Kenya!"
If you want God to bless you beyond your imagination, stop trying to compare whether you do for Him with what He does for you and equating them, if you will need to compare, let it then be that you will see what you do like nothing before God.
If someone tells you, "Wow! I see your great giving to pastor Nesh's ministry has made God give you a car!" Tell them, "Shut up! What I give does not even qualify me to receive pin from God". And it must come from the heart, not from the mouth while the heart is saying, "Yeah! You better recognize".

I hear people calling themselves "Prayer worriors", Wow! Can I tell you something, from the depth of my heart, never come to me because you think I am a prayer warrior, because I am not. I am just a guy that speaks to God, I am not a champion at speaking to God.
There is something that has been planted in our minds, like we are in an exchange program with God. Where you give God this, He gives you this other thing. And it has become so bad that we think God should much what we do. If you give tithe for a whole year, you then sit down with a calculator and a pen and see if God kept His side of the deal. And if we think he didn't, we start thinking twice about our engagements with Him. but if He has, then we prepare "a testimony".

Some of these things we call testimonies are not actually testimonies. They give more praise to human beings than to God. They only make God like a good boss who paid the salaries on time!
That is not a testimony!
A testimony humbles the human and reveals a God who did more than the human deserved. A testimony displays to us a God who does exceedingly, abundantly above what the human thought or imagined!
Such a heart that approaches God in this way, is qualified for a promotion and an uplift.
I told you people lose their money in church... don't lose yours. I want to raise a blessed generation. And God allowing, I want to train all those who sit under my tutorship to shift their mind from believing they deserve, to deserving to believe... that is humility.
Shalom and keep the faith.


Please freely comment below and share your opinion. Remember to share if this message blesses you.

No comments:

Post a Comment