Thursday 8 March 2018

Obtaining Favor (Part 7)



Proverbs 18:22, "He who finds a [true] wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord." (Amp. Bible)

Finally brethren, God hates divorce, but He doesn't hate divorcees. Just like God hates sin, but he doesn't hate sinners. God hates divorce, but he doesn't stop people from divorcing, just like God hates sin, but he doesn't stop people from sinning.
I am not a divorce advocate, but I am just laying the facts on the table. Some people get stuck on a wrong union, because they believe that God will walk along the rest of their lives carrying a grudge against them, or labeling them as divorcees. But this is not so, what God hates is the divorce, not the divorcee. We all sin, and God hates sin, but he does not go around hating us.

Secondly, there is something that we either forget or we overlook, the Bible says, "THEM THAT GOD HAS JOINED, let no man put asunder".
Many of the unions I have had to sit down and watch are not "God-joined". It is one thing that led to another and soon someone was in the other's house calling the other "my husband" to the surprise of the one being called "my husband".
Therefore, before we condemn people to a jail of unhappiness we need to examine if God really brought these two together, or they brought themselves together or they were brought together by circumstances.

What do you do if you discover you were brought together by other factors other than God?
Elisha, almost immediately after receiving the mantle from Elijah, was brought to him a case of a land whose water had the tendency of making everything and everyone in that area barren. He asked for a bowl and salt, THEN WENT TO THE SOURCE and healed the stream.
This is something that we should all do every time we are faced with something and discover it was not from God in the first place. Whatever is born of God overcomes the world, which means that whatever is not born of God is overcome by the world.
God's mercies are new every morning, you may be in a union which was not born of God, but you desperately want it to work. All you need to do is to introduce God into it to save it. The moment you introduce God into the heart of a man, that man gets saved, the same way if you introduce God into your relationship and accept from then henceforth to play by his rules, that relationship will be saved.

Just tell your relationship to literally kneel down, say after you, "LORD Jesus," yes command your relationship to repeat after you,  of course you must be saved yourself first. Then tell it repeat after you, tell it to say, "LORD Jesus, I know I was born in sin, but now I invite you into my existence, and declare you as my LORD and author, from now henceforth I am yours, where you go I will go, from today I am a new creature, amen".
If your relationship can say those words, then it shall be saved and from there henceforth a new chapter of it shall be written in which even heaven shall declare, "them that God has joined, let no man put asunder".
Just because you got married in a church wedding doesn't mean that your union was God-joined.

There is a very big difference between a marriage and a wedding. Many people spend a lot of time and money, preparing for the wedding but don't do anything about preparing for marriage. I have seen people who did a wedding worth millions, but they came from honeymoon in separate flights and went separate ways.
A wedding is a ceremony and an accassion, a marriage on the other hand is a calling and an undertaking. A wedding is all about eating and drinking and making merry, a marriage is an agreement and a covenant between families and governments.
Families must agree to sell their children to the slave trader called life and wait and see if their children will translate each others dream all the way to the throne. Covenants must be made between the newly married and God, and a sacrifice offered on the matrimonial bed. And the sacrifice must be offered as often as possible as a reminder of the commitment at hand.

This is why sex before marriage is detrimental. Because sex is an offering, and when it is done without God, it is thence done for other gods. And if a marriage shall be based on a sex escapade that happened before marriage, then that union shall not be termed as "God-joined". Because it was instituted by a sacrifice or an offering to another god.
But if my people who are called by my name shall humble themselves, and repent and call my name, says the LORD, then I will hear them from heaven and I will HEAL their land.
There is always one step between a failed marriage and divorce called, "humbling yourself and repenting", but most people always jump right into divorce.
And as I started by saying, I did not come to instigate divorcees, God only hates divorce, but he loves divorcees. This is why He will even give some a second chance, a third chance and even to some a fourth chance. But it is only a mad man, that does the same thing repeatedly in the same way and expects different results.

Mistakes happen in our lives so that we may learn from them. If your husband or wife left you, you are supposed to pick up the broken pieces, learn from your mistakes and move on. Like the four lepers in second Kings chapter seven and verse four, you must say to yourself, "if I stay here, I will die. If I go back, I will die to. But if I go forward, yes there is a possibility that I might die, which is not optional, but there is a hope that I might be spared, which is absent in my other options!" Please note how strategically that story is set. One it is in the book of second kings. Number two is a number of witnesses, it is also a number of continuity. We all know what "kings" mean, it means dominion and rulership. Number seven is the number of perfection and the number of rest (Sabbath). Number four is the number of stability. Any ways, we'll preach on that some other time.
My emphasis was on that, do not sit down and die just because you are divorced or because your husband left you or because your wife packed and left. There is something funny about tests and temptations, I have taught this in the past but let me refer to it a little bit. These two are like identical twins that you cannot tell apart, only that one is from God and the other is from the devil. Tests are from God, temptations are from the devil, the funny thing is that, the same thing that God will bring to you as test, most of the times (not always) the devil will also use it as a temptation.
What am I saying?

God may be using your divorce cum separation to teach you something or to approve you for a higher calling, but the devil might use the same situation to make you remain stagnant forever.
As I have spoken in the past, some divorcees feel like they are not worthy to speak about marriage, because they feel they failed in theirs. Yet, may be there is so much they can teach to help those who are going through the same thing not to end up where they ended up. But their tests has now been turned into a temptation by the devil. Can you turn these stones into bread? Will you throw yourself down the cliff? Will you bow down and worship the devil for affluence?

Many people have turned the stones before them into bread. Some have turned suicidal and jumped off the cliff. And others actually gave up on God by asking silly questions like, "Why did God let this happen?" and by so doing they worshipped the devil.
Oh my God!
I have so much to write, but I am out of space and time!
I don't write from experience, I write from excellence. There is a difference between perfection and excellence, perfection is the becoming of all you wanted to be, excellence is becoming the best you can ever be. I am not perfect, I am just a prefect. I don't write from experience, I write from excellence.

Someone told me I cannot teach them about marriage, unless I was married first, they forgot I serve an omnipresent God. This means that God is everywhere, the same God who is in a 50 years marriage experience, is the same God inside a single undecided man! If they can harness their sensitivity and tap into the spiritual world, he who has never been married can teach those who are in marriage how to stay married.
Paul tells young Timothy, "do not let anyone despise you because you are young..." I don't write from the knowledge of books, I tap from the omniscience of God Himself. Those who listen to me can tell you that what I talk, can rarely be found in books... unless of course I have written that book. And I pray to God that before my time on earth expires, I will write enough books to help those that I can. That this God given ability to tap into the omniscience will not go unrecorded in a few chapters of a few books.

I hope this series has been of help to you. I know it has had an effect in the spiritual world, because just yesterday I have received threats not to spread it and to stop spreading it else I will see fire. But fire is what refines us. We are made of a material that is not consumable by fire, and that cannot be drowned by many waters. I have preached through social media since 2009, and threats and being told, "Don't send that stuff to me again" have become my marks of whether I am doing anything or not. Therefore, rejoice in the LORD, and again I say rejoice. Walk not in fear, and BEFORE YOU JUMP OUT OF WEDLOCK, try and invite Jesus into it first. Wake Him up from His sleep, if surely Jesus is unable to calm the storm, them at least you can walk with Him in water from the boat amidst the storms. Else, if you jump out of the boat, alone, you will be landing on a sea and if you can't swim, you will drown.
My goodness! This stuff keeps flowing, I wish I had more space! Any ways....
Shalom and keep the faith.




Please freely comment below and share your opinion. Remember to share if this message blesses you.


No comments:

Post a Comment